The Active Retirement Programme is an integral part of the AEH Retirement Living “service integrated housing” model, adopted for all of its retirement villages. In choosing this model, we believe that it is not just the roof over your head that matters. We believe healthy, active retirement including:
- Access to adequate information, resources and services for their health and wellbeing;
- Active, independent citizens who are able to control and manage their own lives;
- Ensuring seniors continue to make choices and adapt to personal circumstances; and
- Participate as full members of the community.
The primary purpose of our Active Retirement Programme is to support your decision to remain in your home and enable you to continue doing so for as long as possible. Our programme aims to build on your strengths and goals, ensuring these are continued into the future. We aim to fit in with your lifestyle, not the other way round.
In moving to one of our retirement villages, you have chosen the best of both worlds – you have made the choice to live independently, in a community environment. Our programme aims to:
- provide a flexible, responsive, personal approach that offers you more choice and control over the services you receive, how, when and where they are delivered;
- help foster and facilitate your connections to the village community, your neighbourhood and your other social and organised networks, as it suits you; and
- adapt the level of assistance that we provide as your needs change in order that you receive the services you require in your particular circumstances.
In other words, it is up to you to choose how our programme can assist you.
Our main goal is to provide you with information to help you make informed decisions about your health, wellbeing and lifestyle. In our Active Retirement Programme, we primarily operate as an information and referral service. We can provide as little or as much assistance as you need to live independently in your own home and to stay in touch with the people, places and events in your local community that are important to you.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
There is no charge for using the Active Retirement Programme. However, if referrals are made to other service providers, they may charge a fee.
HOW CAN WE ASSIST YOU?
Our team can assist you with a range of services. Speak to one of us directly to find out how.